2.17.2012

Valentines 2012

Wanna know how my Hearts Day went? Read more after the jump!

My h and I like to do things the unusual way so don't be so surprised that this year's Valentines Day celebration wasn't your typical sappy roses-and-chocolates combo. We've been dying for weeks to see Star Stars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace yeeeaaaaaaah. But because it's not playing nationwide, I already planned on going to MNL to meet up with him and get our geek on.

We knew we weren't gonna spend Valentines Day together so last Sunday we decided to go on a pre-Vday date. On the same day we also found out that we don't have to go to MNL just to see SW Episode 1 cos it's showing in a city nearby. So, we left babyI in the capable hands of my ILs and we went on our way to spend the entire afternoon together.

On our way there, the strong cool winds violently harrassed my hair, the drizzle tickled my face, and my h was quiet (as usual) but I didn't care. Cos even though we weren't talking much and the weather doesn't seem to cooperate a little bit, I knew he loved being alone together and going on this date. I know how much he needs a break from work. Then I thought about our relationship pre-marriage. I was taken back to those times when he drove the same way that he did-- so reckless, yet proving how safe I am with him. I also remembered those times when we would just keep talking for hours and enjoy each other's company, then we'd run away from our different realities and meet up to go on adventures. I realize that nothing much has changed, we just grew a few years older.

And so we got to the mall, bought tickets, stepped into a really nice restaurant, sat in a comfy booth and had the waiter take our orders. And while we were waiting, we talked, we laughed, we sang, we traveled back in time, again reminiscing whatever we've been through. I love moments like that. There's just never a dull moment when we're together.

Food was served and it was delicious. We left the restaurant and excitedly made our way to the cinema for SW Episode 1 3D. For us Star Wars fanatics, it was awesome even though we've already seen the movie at least once before. Some people could call it meh, but for us, it was still AWESOME.
After the awesome 3D experience we both parted ways for a quick bathroom break, took a couple of goofy pictures, and stepped out of the theater. Then... I felt my heart beating so fast. Because I had a feeling that it would be day I get to have my dream thing.

My h knows me so well. He knows that I have a passion for music, specifically singing and piano, and we've been talking for weeks about getting something for me and Iaine. Well on that day, he made one of my dreams a reality.

He got me this:
You have no idea how happy my husband has made me. This is my dream thing-- a keyboard. A simple electric piano keyboard. My parents own a piano and my grandparents too, and I used to only play on theirs, so it's always been my dream to own a piano keyboard and make music on my own terms, on my own time.  Needless to say, my pre-Vday date was the most awesome-est yet!

Now I get to play at least once a day (having a toddler on her "terrible twos" phase makes one busy enough) but I'm very happy that I'm getting better and better at playing since I got my hands on it. I'm learning a lot more piano pieces too (thanks, YouTube!) and my daughter now shares the same love that I have for playing, in addition to singing. Confession: Sometimes I fall asleep with the keyboard in our bed. That's how much I love it!

I hope you all had a meaningful Valentines Day. Cos just like my preVday date, even though I wasn't shoved flowers in my face, my h gave an effort to show me the sincere love he'd always make me feel everyday. He took some time to be with me and have fun and just enjoy each other's company, while maintaining that same level of goofiness and youthfulness that makes us different from all other couples. I mean even without the keyboard and the Star Wars and the Giligan's, I know how much he loves me, cos he can make an ordinary day feel like Valentines day.

I love him so very much. How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

  1. i love you too. next time, totoong piano na.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining BNP! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the Hall of Fame ;)

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    ReplyDelete

I would really love a comment! Please feel free to write one. Thanks!