6.22.2012

You're Not One to Tell

"Share if you love God. Keep scrolling if you love Satan."
"1 like = 1 prayer." "1 share = 1 prayer."

I know this is supposed to be a rated G blog, but omg screw that.

STOP BULLSHITTING ME.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see that point of the trend that's happening in Facebook. Really? If I keep scrolling down and decide not to click a link I'm gonna go to hell? Really? Just because I ignored a picture of Jesus or a picture of a person with tentacles sticking out of his/her whatever and decided to do something more important with my life like cook dinner or change my daughter's diaper or do other actual real life chores/ real life good deeds? Really?

Which brings me here: what about actually going to Church? Hearing an actual Mass? What about actually praying? What about actually donating something to charity or to some unfortunate person who's lying ill or just needs medical attention? What about all those times that I helped cure sick people in hospitals I mean, being a medical professional and all? 

And then some random obnoxious piece of jpeg is gonna tell me to I'm going to hell just because I didn't click a bleeping link?

Have you participated in this madness? I don't blame you, you're just a victim. PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED. The people who are behind those pictures are ones who deserve to be confronted.

Awareness about faith. I get that. Awareness about a sick baby, a lost elderly man, an old woman who needs financial/medical assistance, I get that. I get the power of social media. But what I don't understand is the abuse and the pointlessness of putting the words "Share if you love God. Keep scrolling if you love Satan." "1 like = 1 prayer." "1 share = 1 prayer." That's all I'm against. NOT the awareness and charity (kawang-gawa).

Chain letters and false faith really grinds my gears. Can't find the exact word to describe it but it seems to come close to deceit. Deceit at its best. But whatever. To the people who are manipulating these photos and posting them on Facebook for everyone to click and share and spread ignorance instead of REAL awareness I hope you're getting something actually worthwhile out of that.

You're not one to tell me that I don't love God enough. That I don't care about the sick and less fortunate enough. I know my faith. I know compassion. I know charity. I'm not perfect... But I don't need jpegs or anything else to prove all this to myself.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way. I'm just a simple person who's seen enough and I'm venting out. Please, carry on with your Facebook-ing.

Only you are responsible for your actions, and nobody else knows you-- the REAL you-- but YOURSELF. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love a comment! Please feel free to write one. Thanks!