1.10.2012

Comfort Food: Dynamite

Some days I get upset and the only thing I can think of is food. Even at this moment that I'm writing this I'm still thinking about what I should cook later. I wanna go on fridge raid and eat all my sorrows away...

Because I don't want to cry. Sometimes it's healthy to burst into tears but other times it's useless and just leaves you feeling pathetic and puffy. So I'm not gonna cry. I'd rather eat, than cry.

My weight is not a big issue for me. I mean I'm not as skinny as I was before I got married but I don't actually think of myself as fat. I can still pull off so many outfits and still feel good about myself. People also compliment me on how great I look for a mom, and that adds to my confidence. So no, I'm not really fat.

Confession: I eat to my heart's content. A little guilty at times but in the end I feel satisfied and a whole lot better. Is it healthy to eat instead of talk about my feelings? Maybe not, but food is always there for you to keep you distracted and somehow satisfy whatever void is left of your emotions.

Since I got married I've gotten better at cooking. My husband loves food as much as I do so naturally I learned to be better at it. Now I love learning new recipes, new ingredients, and I enjoy watching cooking shows like Masterchef. I've really come a long way from Kitchen 101.

So anyway I have a problem right now and I can't do anything about it. I am desperately craving for DYNAMITE CHILI. This is the only comfort food that can truly make me feel 1000x better. There's this restaurant in the city called Big Mike's and they have their own version of dynamite chili/cheese and it's one of the best things I've ever tasted. I never imagined myself putting an actual green chili (siling haba) in my mouth and actually biting it and chewing it like livestock, but I did and it was awesome. The recipe is insane, so easy, and it's so delicious, and that's the only thing I want right now.

It's nighttime so I can't go out AND I don't have the ingredients to make my own dynamite chili, so I don't think I can totally get rid of these unpleasant feelings until I have a serving of that recipe. So help me, God.

I know, I'm out of my mind. Hungry, and out of my mind.

But anyway, if you haven't tasted a piece of "dynamite" here are some variations of the recipe you'd probably enjoy:


If you could manage to make your own batch of chili-cheese goodness, then I am extremely jealous. I swear I'm gonna go grocery shopping this weekend to try this myself. That's the only comfort food that could give me the right pick-me-up at this point. #UPSET

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love a comment! Please feel free to write one. Thanks!