1.02.2012

The New Me

The most awaited, most talked about 2012 has finally come. Hey, I'm still alive!... And feeling different.

It's so weird cos I don't have a single new year's resolution but somehow my personality is running on autopilot. It's telling me I'm gonna change and I think it's a good thing. I feel lighter, like 2011 has been too much to take even though we're just talking calendar years here. To me, calendar dates are just numbers and we are taught by word of mouth to set off fireworks on December 31st. We age at the same pace as everybody else, only, we just have different birth dates. We grow up, grow old, even without looking at a calendar. It's just more fun to celebrate, that's all. What's life without parties, right?...


But like I said, I feel different. When the clock struck twelve and the numbers 12:00 displayed, I jumped like a kid who just got picked to sing on stage with Hannah Montana. The family was on Tigger mode, too. And cheering! Not a care in the world, just bliss. The fireworks outside also served as awesome background music.

So as tradition goes, we had our media noche with of course a healthy dose of chit-chat, retreated to our beds, and subconsciously prayed for a good year.

Today is January 3 and I feel positive so far. Like that January-1st-twelve-o-clock moment had some sort of magic. I can't explain it, but now I'm certain that I could be better that what I used to be--a hot-headed, impatient, worried housewife who is more focused on the things that don't really need focusing. On the last day of 2011, I didn't even need to think about, or write down new year resolutions to change myself. I am changing because I want to and I know I can do it. And I hope everybody else should realize that you don't need a new calendar year to change for the better and publish them on Facebook.

Change is contagious and should be pure, and genuine. Let's all try to get along this year, shall we? I'll be a good girl, I promise. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love a comment! Please feel free to write one. Thanks!